Jump to navigation Jump to search
overriding (plural overridings)
- The act or process by which something is overridden.
- Superior, of supreme importance in the case.
- Our overriding concern is the safety of the children.
- 2022 January 12, Tom Allett, “MPs concerned at Treasury's influence on rail industry”, in RAIL, number 948, page 13:
- The overriding fear among the APPRG [All-Party Parliamentary Rail Group] was that the Treasury's micro-management of the rail industry would mean that it determines Great British Railway's future moves, rather than the DfT.
Nouns often used with "overriding"
concern, principle, reason, objective, goal, purpose, importance, interest, priority