Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /pɑːst/
- (General American) IPA(key): /pæst/
Audio (US) (file)
- Homophone: past
- simple past tense and past participle of
passed (not comparable)
- That has passed beyond a certain point (chiefly in set collocations).
- That has passed a given qualification or examination; qualified.
Most common English words before 1923 in Project Gutenberg: others · anything · matter · #290: passed · true · friend · herself