Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Characterised or marked by pattering
- 1888, Time: A Monthly Magazine - Volume 19, page 255:
- Of course among lilts so light many are unequal — some, if we may so term them, too "pattersome" for their subjects ; but if all are not poetry, all are at least verse — a rarer quality in these pretentious days than some imagine.
- 1936, J.C. Squire, Rolfe Arnold Scott-James, The London Mercury - Volume 33, page 594:
- Of course I know that gnomes do not exist; neither could I have believed that the Bamileke people were real until I saw them working in the fields, scuttering down the roads under colossal burdens, so pattersome and twinklefoot are they.