Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: pay phone
payphone (plural payphones)
- A public telephone that requires prepayment to operate, generally via the insertion of coins or a credit card.
- I only had ten cents in my pocket, so I couldn't use the payphone to call a cab.
- 2020, “Kyoto”, in Punisher, performed by Phoebe Bridgers:
- You called me from a payphone / They still got payphones / It costs a dollar a minute / To tell me you're getting sober
- tickey box (South Africa)
a public telephone