drop a dime
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic, slang) To make a telephone call.
- (slang, with on) To inform, to call the authorities (on).
- 1995 September 13, Delroy Lindo as Rodney Little, Clockers, written by Richard Price and Spike Lee, 40 Acres and a Mule Filmworks; distributed by Universal Pictures, 00:27:05 from the start:
- We got a crowd of black, white customers, out-of-state license plates, what have you. Somebody gonna check that out. They gonna drop a dime on me, call 911. And you know with my jacket I can't go back to jail.
- He was in the back for a few minutes. Turned out he was dropping a dime on Ralph.