Jump to navigation Jump to search
payroller (plural payrollers)
- Someone on a payroll; someone who earns a salary.
- 1995 January 27, Michael Miner, “ABA Journal: Witness for the Defense/News Bites”, in Chicago Reader:
- Seven pages later in the same paper: "Marie A. D'Amico covered her face and sobbed Thursday as she was sentenced to a year in prison for being a ghost payroller in three local government jobs.
- 2006 December 15, Ben Joravsky, “Ladies and Gentlemen, Start Your Machines; One Way to Trip Up an Incumbent? Untie His Shoelace”, in Chicago Reader:
- Typically the person challenging the petitions is a city payroller who owes his job to the incumbent.