Jump to navigation Jump to search
From p (the first letter) + doc.
pdoc (plural pdocs)
- (Internet, informal) A psychotherapist or psychiatrist.
- 2003, Paul Kalkstein, Jump the Kennebec:
- <Nightshade>: not so good they changd my meds agin / <Nightshade>: my pdoc is talking abt ect
- 2004, "Richard", pdocs (discussion on newsgroup alt.support.depression)
- The quality of psychiatrists varies widely. Take my last three pdocs, for example. One was terribly bad, the next one exceptionally good, and the current one moderately good.
- 2007, Emily Martin, Bipolar Expeditions: Mania and Depression in American Culture:
- ...being honest with my pdoc about my symptoms, and doing what I can to control my symptoms and live a full life.