Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
pennywort (plural pennyworts)
- A name given to several completely different plants around the world. In general they all have round leaves of about the shape and size of a (pre-decimal) penny.
- (in Europe) A succulent, perennial flowering plant (Umbilicus rupestris; penny-pies, wall pennywort, kidney wort, navelwort) in the stonecrop family (Crassulaceae).
- (in Asia) The edible asiatic pennywort (Centella asiatica)
- Aquatic or semi-aquatic plants in the genus Hydrocotyle (water pennywort, Indian pennywort, marsh penny, thick-leaved pennywort, and white rot).
- Liverwort (Anemone hepatica, liverleaf)
- Virginian pennywort (Obolaria virginica)
- Cymbalaria muralis
- Cymbalaria aequitriloba, a plant with tiny ivy-like leaves with copious purple-pink flowers with yellow throats.