Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To be an example of; to have all the attributes of.
- Mozart could be said to personify musical genius.
- (transitive) To create a representation of (an abstract quality) in the form of a character or persona.
- The writer personified death in the form of the Grim Reaper.
- 1842, Letitia Elizabeth Landon, Lady Anne Granard, volume 1, page 73:
- If ever any of the girls had taken a fancy to personify their good genius, they would certainly have given to his image all they remembered of "Uncle Frank."
to be an example of
to create a representation in the form of a character