Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: -phobic
- Rhymes: -əʊbɪk
- Relating to a phobia.
- anything is capable of becoming a phobic stimulus
- Experiencing or expressing phobia (strong fear and/or dislike).
- The mail carrier was phobic of dogs.
- 2009, Martin Kantor, Homophobia: The State of Sexual Bigotry Today, 2nd Edition (ISBN 0313359261):
- Even so, in many cases the homophobe truly is phobic of gays and lesbians, [...]
relating to a phobia
phobic (plural phobics)
- A phobic person.