Jump to navigation Jump to search
phytochemical (not comparable)
- Pertaining to the chemistry of plants. [from 19th c.]
- 1985, Wade Davis, The Serpent and the Rainbow, Simon & Schuster, page 87:
- The plants used belonged to botanical families known to have little phytochemical significance.
phytochemical (plural phytochemicals)
- Any chemical substance characteristic of plants.
- Any chemical or nutrient derived from a plant source; a phytonutrient.
any chemical substance characteristic of plants