Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: piecework
- Work that a worker is paid for according to the number of units produced, rather than the number of hours worked; work done and paid for by the piece or by the job.
- 1872, Baldwyn Leighton, The farm labourer in 1872:
- Turning manure and many other things we've hitherto done by day work, we'll do by piece work.
- 1943 March and April, “Spare Time War Work Scheme”, in Railway Magazine, page 65:
- We have seen details of the types of work for which volunteers are sought, and these range from the manufacture of camouflage nets, on piece work in the Central London area, enabling approximately 6s. a shift of 4 hours to be earned, [...].
type of work