Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Plexiglass
- polymethyl methacrylate (polymer of methyl methacrylate), a tough transparent plastic used sometimes in lieu of glass.
- 1960 March, G. Freeman Allen, “Europe's most luxurious express - the "Settebello"”, in Trains Illustrated, page 141:
- The wall and door of the compartment on the corridor side are of plexiglass, fully curtained on the inside.
- 2009 January 17, Michael Cieply, “The Films Are Green, but Is Sundance?”, in New York Times:
- A new concept car from Honda — a hydrogen-powered vehicle — sat inside the walls of a just-completed plexiglass tent at the corner of Seventh and Main Streets in the heart of downtown Park City, promoting the green pleasures of its energy conservation.
plexiglass m (invariable)