Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (rare) The study of beards.
- 1955, The Saturday Book, volume 15, page 53:
- Throughout the history of pogonology the owners of beards have made them the subject of much loving care.
- 1996, Ivan Vladislavić, Propaganda by Monuments & Other Stories, page 70:
- I would find it interesting to trace the whole question of facial hair back to antiquity, exploring developments in pogonology (to be technical again), quoting from the ancients, but you can have too much of a good thing.
- 2011, Upton Uxbridge Underwood, “Pioneers of Pogonology”, in Poets Ranked by Beard Weight, page 94:
- The path to modern pogonology was not always straight or even. The dead ends and detours were many.