Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: polytheistic
- Alternative spelling of
- 1971, Robert H. Thouless, An Introduction to the Psychology of Religion, →ISBN, page 13:
- The theistic religions may be further subdivided into those .that are mono-theistic, such as Judaism and Islam, and those that are poly-theistic as are many primitive religions.
- 1993, Anasua Sengupta, Buddhist art of Bengal:
- If we look into that history of Buddhist iconography of the period, there is no doubt the behind the emergence of this poly-theistic foundation the direct contribution seems to have come from the Mahayanic form of religion.
- 2013, Kim Laliberte, The Call to Follow Jesus: Studies in the Gospel of Mark, →ISBN:
- The commentator concluded that the early Jews therefore were not mono-theistic (believing in One God) but were poly-theistic (believing in many gods).