Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: poly-theistic
- Of or relating to polytheism,
- 1909, The Quarterly Review, page 124:
- The mystic is one to whom the unitive, pantheistic, or at least the panentheistic, aspects of the divinity are as congenial as the deistic, polytheistic, and anthropomorphic aspects are to the institutional mind.
- 1895, Thomas Hardy, Jude the Obscure:
- The horse stood still till he had finished the hymn, which Jude repeated under the sway of a polytheistic fancy that he would never have thought of humouring in broad daylight.
of or relating to polytheism