Jump to navigation Jump to search
polyandrous (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining to polyandry; engaging in polyandry.
- 1934, Henry G. Lamond, An Aviary On The Plains, page 32:
- Why, she goes on, meeting another husband, lays another batch of eggs, leaves them and goes on her polyandrous way, flirting, fighting - oh, out on the razzle-dazzle generally.
- "Nestled in this remote area of northwestern Nepal is a tiny settlement of ethnic Tibetan Buddhists, the land of the Nyinba, where UCLA anthropologist Nancy Levine found one of the last flourishing polyandrous populations, a society where women marry several men." — Los Angeles Times, December 25, 1988
- (botany) Belonging to the class Polyandria; having many stamens inserted in the receptacle.