Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- In a poor manner or condition; without plenty, or sufficiency, or suitable provision for comfort.
- to live poorly
- With little or no success; indifferently; with little profit or advantage.
- to do poorly in business
- Meanly; without spirit.
- Nor is their courage or their wealth so low, / That from his wars they poorly would retire.
- Without skill or merit.
- He plays tennis poorly.
- Verbs to which "poorly" is often applied as an adverb to suggest insufficiency or inadequacy: planned, conceived, executed, implemented, performing, managed, controlled, designed, represented, differentiated, suited, built, dressed, soluble, ventilated, known, paid, etc.
poorly (not comparable)
- See also Wikisaurus:diseased