pop + eyed
popeyed (comparative more popeyed, superlative most popeyed)
- having bulging eyes
- 1994, Kenzaburō Ōe, The Pinch Runner Memorandum, translated by Michiko N. Wilson and Michael K. Wilson, Sharpe, Chapter 4, p. 88,
- From behind large and sinister-looking frames her popeyed gaze—it could be from hyperthyroidism—swept over us.
- (by extension) astonished
- 1934, George Orwell, Burmese Days, Chapter 11, 
- Files of women passed balancing vegetable baskets on their heads, and pop-eyed children who stared at the Europeans.