Jump to navigation Jump to search
- An interpretation of science intended for a general audience, rather than for other scientists or students
- (attributive) Of, or having to do with science, but aimed at ordinary people as opposed to scientists; intended for general consumption.
- It was published in a popular science magazine.
- 2016, Begoña Bellés-Fortuño, “Popular Science Articles vs. Scientific Articles: a Tool for Medical Education”, in Pilar Ordóñez-López, Nuria Edo-Marzá, editors, Medical Discourse in Professional, Academic and Popular Settings, Bristol: Multilingual Matters, →ISBN, pages 55–78:
- During the 19th century the need to make science more accessible to the public resulted in the emergence of a new type of written genre, the popular science article.
- (attributive): popular scientific
- popsci / pop. sci. / pop-sci / pop sci
- pop. science / pop science / popscience
interpretation of science
of, or having to do with popular science