Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Abbreviation of position.
posish (plural posishes)
- (colloquial, often military slang or sexual slang) Short for position.
- He put on the remaining pair of gloves, and took a pugilistic "posish" that alarmed me.
- "Colonel, the Rebs are making it so hot out yonder, I can't hold my ‘posish’."
- The enemy was in a splendid ‘posish’ on a high hill commanding the country.
- At what seemed to be a lull in the action, Joe concluded to climb the ladder to the roof to survey the battlefield. “I'm going up to see the posish (position),” he announced to Jim Bainter.
- My favorite posish is doggystyle.
- (colloquial, figuratively) Position, situation.
1960, P. G. Wodehouse, Jeeves in the Offing, chapter XIV:
- “I did not like to mention it before Miss Wickham, as she and Mr Herring are engaged, for one is always loath to occasion anxiety, but that young man has a neurosis.” “He isn't always as dippy as he looked just now.” “Nevertheless–” “And let me tell you something, Roddy. If you were as up against it as he is, you'd have a neurosis, too.” And feeling that it would do no harm to get his views on the Kipper situation, I unfolded the tale. “So you see the posish,” I concluded.
- TVRage, Jeeves and Wooster, "Show Slang"