Jump to navigation Jump to search
Suggesting that the media in question was captured using a potato instead of a camera.
- (Internet slang, of a video or image) Of exceptionally poor quality; low-resolution, grainy, or blurry.
- 2015, Bin Feng, quoted in "Bin Feng", Art Reveal Magazine, Number 4 (2015), page 21:
- 2016, Alicia Lepler, "Album Review: 50 By Rick Astley", The Guardian (University of California, San Diego), 13 October 2016, page 9:
- Take a long, critical look at the video for "Never Gonna Give You Up." Its meme cache stems primarily from the dated, campy potato-quality grain.
- 2017, Emily Gunn, "Why Do You Live Stream Your Life?", Audio Addict, January 2017, page 16:
- Furthermore, why would someone watch your potato-quality live stream when they could look at professional photographs the day after, and not have to deal with your annoying need for attention and validation from people on the internet?