Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American, Received Pronunciation) enPR: pôrʹĭng, IPA(key): /ˈpɔːɹɪŋ/
- (without the horse–hoarse merger) enPR: pōrʹĭng, IPA(key): /ˈpo(ə)ɹɪŋ/
- Rhymes: -ɔːɹɪŋ
- Homophone: poring; pawing (non-rhotic accents with the horse–hoarse merger and intrusive r)
Audio (US) (file)
pouring (plural pourings)
- The act by which something is poured.
- 2008 March 2, Tanzina Vega, “A Taste of Colombia Rolls Through New York’s Streets”, in New York Times:
- Liberal pourings of rum and Cokes helped lubricate the festivities.