Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: pron.
Respelling of porn with middle letters transposed and o replaced with zero.
- (Internet slang, leetspeak) Alternative spelling of
- 2019, Joseph M. Reagle Jr, quoting Merlin Mann, Hacking Life: Systematized Living and Its Discontents, MIT Press, →ISBN, page 52:
- Merlin Mann, creator of 43 Folders, joked about the lure of “productivity pr0n” (pornography in internet slang) as early as 2005: “It is a tongue-in-cheek term often used lovingly by its avid—even obsessive—consumers. It often implies the awareness that not all productivity pr0n leads to actual productivity […]
- Derived forms include n0rp, pr0n spelled backwards, and prawn, based on the phonetics of pr0n and used to avoid internet content filters.
- ^ Tom Dalzell, Flappers 2 Rappers: American Youth Slang (2010, Courier Dover Publications), page 229