Jump to navigation Jump to search
primarily (not comparable)
- (focus) Of a primary or central nature, first and foremost
- 2015 January 1, Knapton, Sarah, “Most cancers are caused by bad luck not genes or lifestyle, say scientists”, in The Telegraph:
- But now a study has shown that most cancers are primarily caused by bad luck rather than poor lifestyle choices or defective DNA.
- 2018 July 20, “Zika virus”, in World Health Organization:
- Zika virus disease is caused by a virus transmitted primarily by Aedes mosquitoes, which bite during the day.
- 2019 March 15, Melrose, Keith, “Our leading tipsters give their fancy for the Cheltenham Gold Cup”, in The Racing Post:
- Some Gold Cups are won primarily with class, others with stamina.
of a primary or central nature