for the most part
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (idiomatic) Mostly; in general; usually
- She talked about her kids, for the most part.
- 1936, Rollo Ahmed, The Black Art, London: Long, page 276:
- Such souls can with assistance rise to better things, but it is a very arduous task and for the most part they remain rejoicers in evil.
- 2011 September 24, Ben Dirs, “Rugby World Cup 2011: England 67-3 Romania”, in BBC Sport:
- With half-time approaching, England rather switched off, but for the most part it was an improved first 40 minutes from Johnson's side, which came in for much criticism following stuttering displays in their first two games.