promissory (not comparable)
- Containing or consisting of a promise.
- (law, of a contractual provision) Stipulating the future actions required of the parties to an insurance policy or other business agreement.
- “promissory” in Noah Webster, An American Dictionary of the English Language, volume II (J–Z), 1st edition, New York, N.Y.: Published by S. Converse; printed by Hezekiah Howe, New Haven, 1828, OCLC 999480247.
- promissory in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- “promissory” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, Dictionary.com, LLC, 1995–.
- “promissory” in Microsoft's Encarta World English Dictionary, North American Edition (2007)
- Oxford English Dictionary, second edition (1989)