Jump to navigation Jump to search
prophethood (countable and uncountable, plural prophethoods)
- State or condition of being a prophet.
- 1935, Shoghi Effendi, Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, translation of original by Bahá’u’lláh:
- They are all invested with the robe of prophethood, and are honored with the mantle of glory.
- 1927, Barbara R. Sims, Japan Will Turn Ablaze!:
- There is no doubt whatever that such souls were prophets, for the mission of prophethood is education, and these wondrous souls trained and educated mankind.