Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Prophet
- (UK) enPR: prŏf'it, IPA(key): /ˈpɹɒ.fɪt/
- (US) enPR: prŏf'it, IPA(key): /ˈpɹɑfɪt/
Audio (US) (file)
- Homophone: profit
- Someone who speaks by divine inspiration.
- Muslims believe that Muhammad was the final prophet sent to mankind.
- Someone who predicts the future; a soothsayer.
one who speaks by divine inspiration
one who foretells the future
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- Alternative form of