Jump to navigation Jump to search
soothsayer (plural soothsayers)
- One who predicts the future, using magic, intuition or intelligence; a diviner.
- 1951 March, John W. Cline, “The Future of Medicine”, in Northwest Medicine, volume 50, number 3, Portland, Ore.: Northwest Medical Publishing Association, page 165:
- It is a great pleasure to be with you today and to speak to you concerning the future of medicine. In so doing, I do not wish to pose as a soothsayer or crystal gazer.
- A mantis (Mantodea spp.)
- (obsolete) One who tells the truth; a truthful person.
- A double dart moth (Graphiphora augur).
one who predicts the future
mantis or rearhorse — see mantis
one who tells the truth