From Latin prōpōnō (“place before; offer, propose”), via Scots.
propone (third-person singular simple present propones, present participle proponing, simple past and past participle proponed)
- (transitive, Scotland) to propose or put forward for discussion or consideration
- third-person singular present of proporre
- second-person singular present active imperative of prōpōnō
- Formal second-person singular (usted) present indicative form of proponer.
- Third-person singular (él, ella, also used with usted?) present indicative form of proponer.