Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
punkin (plural punkins)
- Eye dialect spelling of pumpkin.
1911, James Whitcomb Riley, When the Frost is on the Punkin:
- When the frost is on the punkin and the fodder's in the shock […]
1899, Stephen Crane, chapter 1, in Twelve O'Clock:
- There was some laughter, and Roddle was left free to expand his ideas on the periodic visits of cowboys to the town. “Mason Rickets, he had ten big punkins a-sittin' in front of his store, an' them fellers from the Upside-down-F ranch shot 'em up […].”
- Genitive singular form of punkki.
- Instructive plural form of punkka.