Jump to navigation Jump to search
- That pushes forward; pressing, driving.
- 1915, G[eorge] A. Birmingham [pseudonym; James Owen Hannay], chapter I, in Gossamer, New York, N.Y.: George H. Doran Company, OCLC 5661828:
- There is an hour or two, after the passengers have embarked, which is disquieting and fussy. […] Passengers wander restlessly about or hurry, with futile energy, from place to place. Pushing men hustle each other at the windows of the purser's office, under pretence of expecting letters or despatching telegrams.
- (now rare) Aggressively assertive; pushy.
pushing (plural pushings)
- The act by which something is pushed.
- We were soon separated by the pushings and shovings of the crowd.