Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Pythonic
Audio (UK) (file)
- Of or pertaining to the pythons.
- Prophetic; oracular; pretending to foretell events.
- 1858, The Pythonism of the Present Day, page 37:
- To such, and for the same reason, the Pythonic oracles at Delphi, at Dodona, and at the temple of Ammon in Lybia, were means of good.
- 1919, William Richard Harris, Essays in occultism, spiritism, and demonology, page 137:
- Here is what we read in Deuteronomy, Chap. XVIII: “Neither let there be found among you any one that . . . consulteth soothsayers . . . or pythonic spirits, or fortune tellers, or that seeketh the truth from the dead. […]”
- (programming) Alternative letter-case form of
- Antonym: unpythonic