- (uncountable, countable) radiolarian ooze, or the sedimentary rock formed from it.
1980, Geologische Bundesanstalt (Austria), Outline of the geology of Austria and selected excursions:
- It comprehends the following generally flat-lying members: Hauptdolomit, Platten Limestone, Kossen Beds, Rhae- tian reef Limestone, Liassic marls and limestones, up to 350 m thick siliceous, radiolarite-bearing strata
1984, Časopis pro mineralogii a geologii, volume 29, page 145:
- The conodont-dominated assemblages with strongly impoverished to totally lacking benthos contained in the soft radiolarite-bearing shales of the Ponikev Formation are typical of units deposited during this time
- “radiolarite” at OneLook Dictionary Search
- Glossary of Geology, Julia A. Jackson, James P. Mehl, Klaus K. E. Neuendorf, 2005, page 534
radiolarite f (plural radiolarites)