raised in a barn
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Uncivilized, unmannered.
- 2005, Tammy Robinson Smith, Emmybeth Speaks, page 9:
- Momma's all the time telling us to act like we weren't raised in a barn. Ole Miz Hawkins must've been raised in her daddy's milk barn, instead of in the house with the china cups like she claims.
- 2006, Philip J. Carraher, The Necklace of Stones, page 140:
- “Raised in a barn, some people. Raised in a muck-filled, stinking barn.” Mag and Morgan stared at the grumbler's departing back until he was gone.
- 2008, Laurell K. Hamilton, The Lunatic Café, page 275:
- "No, thanks, we'll keep them with us." "Peggy always got on to me if I didn't ask for people's coats. 'George, you weren't raised in a barn, ask them if you can take their coats.'" The imitation sounded accurate