Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Synonym of
- 1640, John Parkinson, Theatrum botanicum: the theater of plants, or an herball of a large extent, page 861:
- Rape oyle that is used in Lampes and therefore called Lampe Oyle.
- 1712, Pierre Pomet, A Compleat History of Druggs, page 10:
- Rape-Oil is sweet, and on the contrary the Linseed bitter.
- 1913, Vivian Byam Lewes, Oil Fuel, page 177:
- The number of seconds taken by the oil to flow up to the 50 c.c. mark on the flask is noted, and the results brought into comparison with the viscosity of rape oil, that being the oil with which the apparatus is standardised.
rapeseed oil — see rapeseed oil