Jump to navigation Jump to search
Onomatopoeia, from a roar.
- (onomatopoeia, Internet slang, text messaging) An expression of great appreciation, a happy imitation of a roar, often to emphasize attraction.
- (onomatopoeia, Internet slang, text messaging) An expression of anger or frustration, though fairly lighthearted.
- 1994, Airships, Barry Hannah, p. 63
- The privates sang a song they made just for me. Rawr rawr rawr! for Colonel Feather!/ Rawr rawr rawr! (pause, then with gusto) forever!
- 1998, growl....., rec.org.sca on Usenet
- purrrrr....... rawr. Was that "rawr" with a capital R or small r? There's a difference...
- 2005, One Way Out, Michele Albert, p. 328
- "Rawr," Cassie playfully growled, then nipped his lip. "Smart man."
- 2008, Divided We Stand, United We Get Horizontal, Glynnis MacNicol, Rachel Sklar, Huffington Post
- ... we think the sexiest thing in this entire post is the phrase "Duncan Hunter." It sort of sounds like a sassy verb, if you think about it. Rawr!