Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (of handwriting, print, etc) legible, possible to read or at least decipher
- If that sign was still readable we'd know where we are!
- which can be read—i.e. accessed or played—by a certain technical type of device
- No sale, those aren't readable with my DVD-player!
- (of a book) enjoyable to read, of an acceptable stylistic quality or at least functionally composed
- These assembly instructions aren't readable, I still don't have a clue how to start!
- 1962 October, “New Reading on Railways: Great Western. By Cecil J. Allen, Ian Allan. 2s 6d.”, in Modern Railways, page unnumbered:
- This is a masterly work of condensation, omitting nothing of importance and providing a most readable book that for a modest half-crown is incredibly good value.
- (able to be read): legible
legible — see legible
which can be read by a certain device
enjoyable to read
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked