rear one's head
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To raise one's head.
- (idiomatic, of something unpleasant or unwelcome) To appear and cause problems or stress, especially at an inopportune time.
- 2021 October 6, Greg Morse, “A need for speed and the drive for 125”, in RAIL, number 941, page 53:
- One problem that reared its head in 1983 would prove more difficult to solve, with the heat that summer leading to a number of engine failures.
to appear and cause problems
- When referring to a person, one's, his, her, etc. is used instead of its.
- Often used with ugly: rear its ugly head.