Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The political policy of endeavouring to regain lost territory.
- 2002, Colin Jones, The Great Nation, Penguin, published 2003, page 233:
- Fleury had correctly grasped the wisdom of forestalling possible Austrian revanchisme over Lorraine, while France's biggest international problems emanated form England […]
- 2015 September 12, Steven Erlanger, “Are Western values losing their sway?”, in The New York Times (print version: Did liberalism win? It's not clear, International New York Times, 14 September 2015, p. 7):
- But couple the tightening of Chinese authoritarianism with Russia's turn toward revanchism and dictatorship, and then add the rise of radical Islam, with its violent intolerance, and the grand victory of Western liberalism can seem hollow, its values under threat even within its own societies.
political policy of endeavouring to regain lost territory