Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In a routine manner, in a way that has become common or expected.
- 2017 January 18, Sid Lowe, “Chaos at Mestalla: Valencia's journey from Champions League to utter disarray”, in the Guardian:
- The risk of going out of business was very real, they had suffered disastrous presidents, routinely lost their best players, and were effectively owned by a bailed-out bank, so Lim was welcomed as their saviour.
- Done by rote or habit, as part of a routine, without attention or concern.
- We routinely test the fire extinguishers but no one ever expects them to fail.