Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɔːdɪˈnæɹɪli/
Audio (UK) (file)
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɔɹdɪˈnɛɹɪli/
- Hyphenation: or‧di‧na‧ri‧ly
ordinarily (not comparable)
- (obsolete) In accordance with normal custom or routine; as a matter of established occurrence.
- Usually or as a general rule; commonly.
- Ordinarily I go to the match on a Saturday.
- In the usual manner; unexceptionally.
- The man was ordinarily dressed.
- (accordance with normal custom): conventionally, customarily, traditionally
- (usually or as a general rule): commonly, most of the time; see also Thesaurus:usually
- (in the usual manner): ordinarily, routinely; see also Thesaurus:normally
usually or as a general rule