Jump to navigation Jump to search
- * (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɹuːmə(ɹ)/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɹuːmɚ/
Audio (AU) (file)
- Britain, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and Ireland spelling of
- 1922 February, James Joyce, “[Episode 16]”, in Ulysses, Paris: Shakespeare & Co.; Sylvia Beach, OCLC 560090630; republished London: Published for the Egoist Press, London by John Rodker, Paris, October 1922, OCLC 2297483:
- Rumour had it (though not proved) that she descended from the house of the lords Talbot de Malahide
- 1991, Stephen Fry, The Liar, p. 26:
- Dame Rumour outstrides me yet again.
- (obsolete) A prolonged, indistinct noise.
- Commonwealth of Nations standard spelling of .