Jump to navigation Jump to search
- * (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɹuːmə(ɹ)/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɹuːmɚ/
Audio (AU) (file)
- Britain, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and Ireland spelling of
- 1991, Stephen Fry, The Liar, p. 26:
- Dame Rumour outstrides me yet again.
- (obsolete) A prolonged, indistinct noise.
- Commonwealth of Nations standard spelling of .
- 1961 November, “Talking of Trains: Drastic cuts in Scotland?”, in Trains Illustrated, page 644:
- Two of the four main routes over the Border were rumoured to be threatened with withdrawal of, or heavy cuts in, passenger services.