Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In a ruthless manner; with cruelty; without pity or compassion.
- 1939 September, D. S. Barrie, “The Railways of South Wales”, in Railway Magazine, page 165:
- Standing on the mountain above Caerphilly, one may reflect upon the gap where once stood Llanbradach Viaduct, and look near at hand upon the restored ruins of Caerphilly Castle; man labours to rebuild the mediaeval whilst he ruthlessly scraps the modern.
- 2021 September 2, Phil McNulty, “Hungary 0-4 England”, in BBC:
- Southgate's side kept their nerve and discipline in the unsettling, intimidating surroundings of Budapest, with the behaviour of Hungary's fans leaving much to be desired, to turn up the heat and punish their opponents ruthlessly once they had gone ahead.
in a ruthless manner