Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable) Holiness of life or disposition; saintliness
- (uncountable) The condition of being considered sacred; inviolability
- (countable) Something considered sacred.
- 1776, Jeremy Bentham, “A Short Review of the Declaration”, in John Lind, An Anſwer to the Declaration of the American Congress, London: Thomas Cadell, page 121:
- Or would they have it believed, that there is in their ſelves ſome ſuperior ſanctity, ſome peculiar privilege, by which theſe things are lawful to them, which are unlawful to all the world beſides?
holiness — see holiness
something considered sacred