Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Roughness, scruffiness, or unkemptness.
- 2002 April 5, Charles McGrath, “Rituals: Great Ways to Wreck A Quiet Weekend”, in New York Times, retrieved 20 September 2011:
- The great thing about mowing is that it is visually satisfying; with each overlapping pass, one more swath is shorn, and where there was once scraggliness and unkemptness, now there is neatness and trimness.
- 2002 April 18, Hollywood's Such a Mess These Days: Left and right, stars wear their hear unkept, Lexington Herald-Leader, p. E3 (retrieved 20 Sep. 2011):
- Ditto for Uma Thurman, whose loose blonde strands were defiant in their scraggliness. Your mother would have called this kind of hair a bird's nest.