Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- The property of being rough, coarseness.
- The roughness of the road made me wonder if my car would fall apart.
- Something that is rough; a rough spot.
- 2003, Klaus Bange, “Surfaces of Substrate Glasses”, in Thin Films on Glass, Springer Science & Business Media, page 101:
- A variety of suitable methods for surface inspection are available to detect topographical defects induced by surface roughnesses such as scratches, digs, inclusions and spatters.
- (US) Roughage; coarse fodder.
- 1855, Southern Cultivator, volume 13, page 258:
- With this latter implement, the corn stalk fodder, shucks, oats, hay and other "roughness" may be finely cut up […]
- (Scotland) Abundance, especially of food.
- (countable, engineering) A measure of how rough something is, such as a surface
- The surface roughness was low.
property of being rough