Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
screw-off (plural screw-offs)
- (idiomatic, colloquial) Someone who often fails to do his or her work; someone known to goof off.
1997, Robert W. Snyder, Transit talk: New York's bus and subway workers tell their stories, page 137:
- You know, when a guy is a screw-off you got to discipline him.
1988, Ann Edwards Cannon, Cal Cameron by day, Spider-man by night, page 98:
- I've always considered that a polite way of telling a parent that her child is a screw-off, a goofball of major talent.
screw-off (not comparable)
- The ability to be removed by unscrewing (screwing off)
2009, Ed McCarthy, California Wine For Dummies, page 14:
- These were easy wines for everyday life, with screw-off caps so that you could pour two glasses and then close up the bottle for the next day.