Jump to navigation Jump to search
A corruption of skirmish.
scrimmage (plural scrimmages)
- A rough fight.
- get caught up in a scrimmage
- (US) In some team sports, especially soccer, a practice game which does not count on a team's record.
- In American football or Canadian football, a play that begins with a snap from the center while opposing teams are on either side of a line of scrimmage.
- See also Thesaurus:fight
practice game — see exhibition game
play that begins with a snap
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- To have, or be involved in, a scrimmage.
- #:We scrimmaged a few times and then settled into boring drills.